Trump The Disaster: After less than four years of Trump, the only things America leads in are death and devastation (Daily Edge link): Meidas Touch is out with a new ad—airing in Texas, no less—that slams Trump as a “disaster,” hitting him hard for mocking the disabled, praising racists, attacking the military, protecting criminals, sympathizing with child sex traffickers, and even attacking the Portland Moms.
Beyond what’s covered in the Meidas Touch ad, here are 10 more examples of Trump’s broken promises and colossal failures:
2. Instead of the “phenomenal” healthcare and insurance for everybody that Trump promised, we have an out-of-control pandemic caused by a total failure in public health leadership, surging hospitalization rates, a growing death toll—and the introduction of Trump death panels.
4. Instead of the “skyrocketing” 6% economic growth Trump promised that his tax giveaway to corporations and the already-wealthy would deliver, we are experiencing an 8% crash in GDP—even as Europe and Asia, under more competent leadership, suffer far less.
5. Instead of protecting Medicare and Social Security, Trump announced on Fox News in early March (i.e. even before the crash), that those programs would be cut if he won re-election. If Republicans retain power in 2021, it’s a given that those cuts will be even more brutal than Trump imagined just a few months ago.
7. Instead of the cleanest air and water, Trump has delivered environmental devastation—with deregulation that benefits corporate polluters while hitting vulnerable populations especially hard. As the New York Times reports, these rollbacks “could significantly increase greenhouse gas emissions and lead to thousands of extra deaths from poor air quality each year, according to energy and legal analysts.” While most of the world agrees we need urgent action on climate, Trump has delivered the opposite: polluted waters, dirty air and extreme heat, all contributing to an increase in wildfires, hurricanes and other dangerous weather events.
9. Instead of protecting “the gays” like he promised he would, Trump has waged an all-out war on the LGBTQ community in schools, in healthcare, in housing, in the workplace, in the judiciary, and around the world. According to Human Rights Campaign president Alphonso David: “The Trump-Pence administration is the most virulently anti-LGBTQ administration in decades.”
The list could, of course, go on. Because the reality is Trump has failed America every way imaginable. November can’t come soon enough. But it’s still a long way off. Trump’s attacks on the Constitution and our democracy will only escalate.